Personal Finance Articles
- Nine Questions to Ask Your Advisor
- When Should You Start Taking Social Security?
- Why You Should Do An IRA Rollover with an Old 401k
- Should You Take a Pension Buyout?
- Why Term Life Insurance is the Only Life Insurance you Need
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Why You Should Never Buy a Front-End Loaded Mutual Fund
- How Much House Can you Afford?
- The Importance of Non-Retirement Savings
Tag Archives: stocks
Market continued marching higher in a week with mixed earnings reports. Companies such as Visa and Microsoft reported better than expected earnings while names like 3M, Amazon and others missed. This lead to a divergence in performance for many blue … Continue reading
Banks kicked off third quarter earnings with stronger than expected results. JP Morgan, Citibank and Bank of America all reported stronger earnings than the analyst consensus. Earnings for most of the S&P 500 companies will come over the next few … Continue reading
A strong rally today on positive China trade news pulled markets higher on the week. Wednesday evening a headline came out of China that ‘no progress’ had been made on trade which sent the Dow down 300 points in futures … Continue reading
The Dow declined over 1,200 points from Tuesday morning through Thursday morning, before rebounding and recouping almost 800 points of the loss. For the week the Dow declined 0.9% while the S&P 500 decreased 0.3%. Recession fears drove the sell-off … Continue reading