Personal Finance Articles
- Nine Questions to Ask Your Advisor
- When Should You Start Taking Social Security?
- Why You Should Do An IRA Rollover with an Old 401k
- Should You Take a Pension Buyout?
- Why Term Life Insurance is the Only Life Insurance you Need
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Why You Should Never Buy a Front-End Loaded Mutual Fund
- How Much House Can you Afford?
- The Importance of Non-Retirement Savings
Tag Archives: investing
The November jobs report came in significantly higher than expectations leading to a 300+ point rally in the Dow on Friday. The economy added 266k net new jobs, the unemployment rate declined to 3.5% and wages grew at a 3.1% … Continue reading
Stocks climbed higher through Wednesday in the holiday-shortened week. Markets are closed tomorrow and will only be open until 1pm on Friday, so the Weekly Recap is coming out early. Both indices closed at all-time highs as concerns about economic … Continue reading
Market continued marching higher in a week with mixed earnings reports. Companies such as Visa and Microsoft reported better than expected earnings while names like 3M, Amazon and others missed. This lead to a divergence in performance for many blue … Continue reading
Banks kicked off third quarter earnings with stronger than expected results. JP Morgan, Citibank and Bank of America all reported stronger earnings than the analyst consensus. Earnings for most of the S&P 500 companies will come over the next few … Continue reading