Personal Finance Articles
- Nine Questions to Ask Your Advisor
- When Should You Start Taking Social Security?
- Why You Should Do An IRA Rollover with an Old 401k
- Should You Take a Pension Buyout?
- Why Term Life Insurance is the Only Life Insurance you Need
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Why You Should Never Buy a Front-End Loaded Mutual Fund
- How Much House Can you Afford?
- The Importance of Non-Retirement Savings
Author Archives: marc10021
A strong Friday rally wasn’t quite enough to keep stocks from losing ground this week. The jobs report today was just what the market wanted to see. Reasonably strong job creation coupled with moderate wage gains suggests the Fed will … Continue reading
Multiple issues helped created another volatile week for stocks. Interest rates came back to the forefront as the 10-year Treasury touched 3% for the first timein four years. While still a very low level historically, the 10yr traded under 1.4% … Continue reading
Earnings took center stage in financial markets this week. So far, earnings have generally been better than expected. Much of the gain has been driven by the tax cuts, but we have also seen strong revenue growth. The weak dollar … Continue reading
Earlier this week, Chinese President Xi Jinping stated China would consider changes to its import tariffs on some US goods. The headline soothed investors as it appears the world’s two largest economies would find common ground and avert a trade … Continue reading