Personal Finance Articles
- Nine Questions to Ask Your Advisor
- When Should You Start Taking Social Security?
- Why You Should Do An IRA Rollover with an Old 401k
- Should You Take a Pension Buyout?
- Why Term Life Insurance is the Only Life Insurance you Need
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Why You Should Never Buy a Front-End Loaded Mutual Fund
- How Much House Can you Afford?
- The Importance of Non-Retirement Savings
Author Archives: marc10021
The Trump administration announced this morning that it was potentially adding a 5% tariff on numerous Mexican imports. Beyond these tariffs, this has investors concerned it could derail the new and ‘improved’ NAFTA deal and lead to a broader trade … Continue reading
Markets were closed today in observance of Good Friday. On the week, the Dow gained 0.6% while the S&P 500 declined 0.1%. Earnings season started off in a better-than-expected fashion. So far, 74% of companies that have reported earnings exceeded … Continue reading
I’m heading out of town this afternoon, so the weekly report is coming out a few hours early today. Stocks rallied today on strong earnings from JP Morgan and positive comments on the economy from JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon. … Continue reading
US economy adds 196k jobs in March Oregon Senator proposes taxing unrealized capital gains Stocks responded positively to today’s jobs report. The US economy added 196k net new jobs in March, a strong bounce back after February saw an increase … Continue reading